Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Last Few Days

I sat on the quai down by the Seine the other day, lifting up my feet every time a boat sailed by to avoid getting splashed by its wake, and contemplated Paris. I watched boats sail under the ponts while seagulls played with wind patterns (lift feet), boats low in the water when their hulls were full and high on the water when they were empty (lift feet quickly), and small police boats zipping on by, speeding for no apparent reason (lift feet extra high). The Hotel de Ville and St. Jacques tower were on my right, the Pantheon and Eiffel tower were off to the left, and Notre Dame was straight ahead. The sun set slowly over the city (wasn't fast enough; left toe damp) and we ate gauffres with hazelnut creme by the ice skating rink at Hotel de Ville before heading home.

It was warm for January in Paris
and the red wine was good
and the conversation was all in French
and I don't want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment