It is beautiful here in Cannes. Palm trees, red tile roofs, and the Mediterranean Sea. I go swimming almost everyday after my morning class. There are students from all over the world here, and at lunchtime one can hear all different languages in the courtyard and dining hall.
I just returned from a trip with my roommate into Cannes itself. We visited a museum and climbed a tall tower to get fantastic views of the port and city. I have had several opportunities to practice my French outside of the classroom, chatting with French people on the beaches and speaking the language to shopkeepers, museum curators, etc. Everyone has been very kind so far- maybe I will start running into more grumpy French people in Paris.
I will be in Cannes for the next week, and as the internet is not great, do not expect photos until I leave for Paris! But believe me when I write that Cannes is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.
Bon apres midi, mes amis!
No comments:
Post a Comment