I am a little tired from writing that giant post about Nice (I am using a French keyboard and the layout is different- very challenging), so this post will be mostly photos. Monaco is a tiny, independent country right next to France. It is technically a principality and is home to the famous Monte Carlo Casino and numerous museums, old palaces, and forts. We visited the Aquarium and Natural History Museum (which explains the pictures of animal statues), a church (where I saw beautiful tile mosaics), and Monte Carlo (the photos with expensive cars and the shiny silver disc are of Monte Carlo) before driving back to France to visit a mountain village called Eze. Monaco and Eze are by far two of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. (I don't have photos of Eze but it was magnificent.)

















A quick note about the silver reflecting disk in front of Monte Carlo. I have noticed that Europeans do a fantastic job of integrating modern art into older cities and buildings. One might think modern art would look out of place in front of an old place like Monte Carlo, but this particular piece fits right in.


One of my new friends, K, with Pistachio gelato.

A bientot, mes amis! I am going to grab lunch over looking the Seine then climb the tower at Notre Dame Cathedral to get a bird's eye view of Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment