We flew in to Nice early this morning. I put my French to productive use almost immediately, when one of my new friends discovered her bag had not arrived. My friend is just learning French, and the employee at the airline only spoke a little English, so my language skills were actually useful. I was not at all nervous to use French; I guess when there is a need I will overcome my complex about my painfully American accent and imperfect grammar!
Spent some time this afternoon on the Mediterranean Sea. It is amazing! The water is turquoise and so clear that one can see to the bottom even when the water is fairly deep. Saw plenty of French women sans bikini tops, which emphasized for me how different the European attitude towards the human body is from the American viewpoint. Will write more on this later, but it is quite liberating to see so many people who are unashamed of their bodies.
Now it is bed time for me! This post will go up around 8:45pm my time, and if I can get to bed by 9:00 and sleep until 8:00 tomorrow, that will pretty much double the amount of sleep I have gotten this entire trip :)
Bonsoir, mes amis!!
No comments:
Post a Comment